Insomnia is an affliction that is suffered by millions of Americans. It is an epidemic in the United States. There are many contributing factors why we are inflicted with Insomnia. You should know that there is relief. My favorite product is Sleepzyme.
Some of these factors are:
· All work no play: Americans work more hours than any other people in the world. We take less time off per year. Working is consuming our lives. Most Americans earn two weeks off a year. Sadly, Americans on average do not take a vacation. The stress on our bodies working so many hours contributes greatly to our lack of sleep.
· Diet: We work all the time and eat on the run or not properly. Our diets are consumed with fast food and caffeine. We drink coffee in the morning and caffeinated drinks throughout the day and evening. Most Americans skip one or more meals each day. Our poor diets and eating and drinking the wrong things contribute to our Insomnia.
· Stress: Most people suffering from Insomnia are under tremendous stress. Much of the time, this is financial, or has to do with our relationships. Stress is also related to the amount of hours we work and our poor diets. These factors combine to cause terrible stress on our bodies and our minds. Stress is the leading cause of Insomnia.
· Depression: Well, we work too much; we do not eat right, and are under a lot of stress. Naturally we are depressed. Depression feeds and helps cause Insomnia.
· Apnea: Many people suffer from one or more sleep apneas. These physical problems can often be alleviated with medical help.
The inability to obtain REM sleep is very detrimental to our health. We need to do everything we can to eliminate Insomnia triggers in our lives.
So, what are some of the things we can do to help ourselves get to sleep? Here are some of your answers. You must follow these suggestions in order for you to get relief. It is hard but you can do it.
· Exercise: Most people do not want to hear this answer. It is not necessary to go crazy with this solution. All you need to do is go on a brisk twenty minute walk every day. Try and take your walk in the evening after dinner. This helps you digest your dinner and relieves stress. Both of these will help you sleep later.
· Water: After three p.m. in the afternoon do not drink anything but water. This is a hard one for most people. After a week, you will begin to see a tremendous difference in your sleep. Your body is 2/3 water. Water is the key to proper body function. Changing your diet and drinking water will help your body change and you will get more sleep.
· Melatonin: Most of us that have chronic Insomnia benefit from taking melatonin. It helps restore proper Serotonin levels. Go to this website and read some of the product reviews. These products will help you sleep; Sleepaidreviews.
· No TV: Your bed room should be quiet, dark, and cool. You must “NOT” watch TV in bed. If you think this is o.k. you are wrong. It is not. Go to bed the same time each night. Do not drink liquids of any kind an hour before bedtime. Do not eat a snack two hours before bed. If you do have a snack, make sure it is very low in sugar. Yogurt is a good choice, or a banana. The potassium in the banana can help you sleep.
· Sound: Many people are distracted by noises. It is a good idea to provide a drowning low noise such as a small fan. The low hum will block out other distracting noises.
· Light: Darkness is very important. Some people need to wear a sleep mask over their eyes to provide total darkness.
· Relax: It is very important for you to relax and relieve the stress of the day. Take a nice warm bath or shower about an hour before you go to bed.
Here is a trick to relax and help you sleep:
Breathing exercise: Get comfortable in your bed. Lay on your back. Your hands and arms should not be bent but lying more straight and comfortable. Close your eyes and begin to breathe in deeply through your nose and exhaling through your mouth. You want to breathe in slowly and as deeply as you can. You want to exhale very slowly. Establish your breathing. Then, begin counting backwards from 100 or 50 to zero. With each count you will take a breath and slowly exhale. As you count silently you begin to think “I am relaxed” in your mind. With each breathe you will slowly think about relaxing each part of your body. Start with your head and work your way down to your toes. Each breath is deeper and with each breath you tell yourself you are getting more and more relaxed. You will fall asleep before you reach zero. You can perform this breathing exercise several times throughout your day to help relieve stress.
These are a few things you can do. The most important thing is to take one of the natural herbal products on sleepaidreviews and to do the relaxation technique. It has been medically proven that most humans do not breathe normally. We breathe shallow while we are working or performing tasks. We rob our bodies of much needed oxygen and it leads to stress and tension.
You can get a good night’s sleep. Try these steps and see how much better you sleep. It is important that you take an all natural supplement to help you get to sleep. Read the reviews and pick one that will work for you. It is a good idea to switch supplements every month. Using different brands every month keeps your body from getting used to one particular formula. These all natural sleep aids can be taken forever, they are not harmful. http://www.sleepaidreviews.com will help get you to sleep.
The Silver Surfer
The Silver Surfer, AKA “Don” offers affordable content for everyone on the Net. Get your content at the home of the $3 article: http://www.affordable-internetmarketing-content.com. You can contact Don at firstname.lastname@example.org Need help sleeping, go to http://www.sleepaidreviews.com